Waterloo man treated for smoke inhalation

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — A Waterloo man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at his apartment.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports (http://bit.ly/11wsBhr ) that the fire broke out around 6 a.m. Friday.

Battalion Chief Mike Jenn says the resident had fallen asleep with the stove on. He awoke, noticed the fire, called 911 and fled. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. His name hasn’t been released.

Firefighters kept fire damage to the stove area. Residents of two adjacent apartments have been allowed back in their homes.

___

Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com

blog comments powered by Disqus