Des Moines apartment evacuated for carbon monoxide

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities briefly evacuated a Des Moines apartment building after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were found inside.

Investigators were called to the building on Ingersoll Avenue Friday night after a carbon monoxide alarm went off in an apartment unit. A second alarm went off while authorities were on the scene.

Television station KCCI ( ) reports authorities conducted a floor-to-floor search and found the leak in a ventilation fan that had been turned off in the mechanical room. Maintenance had been performed on the water heaters earlier in the day.

Residents were allowed back into their apartments about two hours later.


Information from: KCCI-TV,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s