Settlement reached in Minn. contaminated beef suit

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — The family of a former St. Cloud man who died after eating beef contaminated with E. coli bacteria has settled a lawsuit against several beef companies and retailers.

Sixty-two-year-old Robert Danell died in January 2010 from eating beef that was linked to an outbreak of E. coli in 17 states that sickened 25 people.

His family filed suit in Stearns County District Court. Bill Marler, the attorney who represented Danell’s family, says terms of the settlement are confidential.

Danell, who had Down syndrome, was hospitalized Jan. 9, 2010, suffering from bloody diarrhea. His condition deteriorated quickly and he died 10 days later of kidney failure.

The St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/1aKnbB3) reports federal officials could never positively identify the source of the ground beef that killed Danell.

___

Information from: St. Cloud Times, http://www.sctimes.com

blog comments powered by Disqus