Police: Gas in NC motel where boy, 2 others died

BOONE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina police are pointing to carbon monoxide poisoning as the likely reason for the recent death of an 11-year-old South Carolina boy and two other guests found dead in the same motel room almost two months earlier.

Boone police said Monday in a news release that emergency responders found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the room where Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died Saturday. Police say a preliminary autopsy found the boy died from asphyxia, which happens when toxic gases cut off oxygen to the body.

Jeffrey’s 49-year-old mother, Jeannie Williams, was rushed to a hospital and survived.

A Longview, Wash., couple was found dead in the same motel room April 16. Police said new toxicology results show 73-year-old Daryl Dean Jenkins and 72-year-old Shirley Mae Jenkins died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s