Western Iowa man dies in basement fire

HARLAN, Iowa (AP) — An 89-year-old man has died in a house fire in the western Iowa city of Harlan.

KJAN radio reports (http://bit.ly/15QzO0v ) Bernard Wolfe died in the Saturday afternoon fire in his basement.

Harlan Fire Chief Roger Bissen (BEE-son) says Wolfe was trapped in his basement by the fire, which apparently started when a torch Wolfe was using malfunctioned and caught items on fire.

Bissen says he doesn’t know the official cause of Wolfe’s death.

The fire was contained to the house’s basement.

Harlan is 25 miles northeast of Council Bluffs.

___

Information from: KJAN-AM, http://www.kjan.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s