Marathon compensation fund has 247 claims

BOSTON (AP) — The deputy administrator of the main compensation fund for Boston Marathon bombing victims says it has received 247 claims so far.

The One Fund’s Camille Biros says a few more are expected to arrive over the next couple of days. Saturday was the deadline to mail or send a claim by courier service.

The fund announced Monday it has received $51 million in donations.

Three people were killed and more than 260 injured during the April 15 twin bombings near the marathon’s finish line. The One Fund was established by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and Gov. Deval Patrick.

Fund administrator Kenneth Feinberg will take about 10 days to interview potential recipients then make payment recommendations to the city. Money is to begin going out at the end of June.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s