STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) — Police say a 12-year-old boy accidentally set his family’s mobile home on fire in northwest Iowa.
Storm Lake police announced Monday that the boy was playing with matches Friday in the bathroom while nearby adults slept.
The Sioux City Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1c7gyxy ) a homeowner attempted to contain the blaze with a garden hose. Law enforcement officials also responded to the fire, which caused about $7,000 in damage.
The newspaper reports the child has been charged with misdemeanor reckless use of fire. Additional information has not been released.
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com