POSTVILLE, Iowa (AP) — Fire officials say a venting system malfunction caused a fire to erupt at a plastics plant in Postville.
The Postville Fire Department says the Thursday night fire forced 50 employees at the ILNorplex Plant in Postville to evacuate. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from surrounding communities helped contain the fire. Postville firefighters ventilated the building.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports (http://bit.ly/1dyNIrG ) there is an estimated $25,000 worth of damage. An explosion at the plant In June injured three people and resulted in $15 million worth of damage.
Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com