House fire in St. Ansgar

Fire in St. Ansgar home St. Ansgar, IA

ST. ANSGAR, Iowa – Major damage was done to a home in Saint Ansgar after a fire earlier this morning.

It happened on South Center Street around 10:30 this morning and sparked again this evening.

The fire began on the outside of the house, and went into the attic.

Fire chief Jerry Ratchut says nobody lives in the home, but it is houses some of the previous occupant’s belongings.

There’s no official cause of the fire, but it’s believed to be electrical.

The chief says the house is a total loss.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s