Man wants change of venue in Iowa slaying case

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A man charged with killing his wife in Boone last year wants a change of venue for his trial.

The Des Moines Register reports (http://dmreg.co/14PHrPa ) a defense attorney for 39-year-old Alexander Fazzino says he plans to file the motion at a scheduling conference on Sept. 23.

Attorney Bill Kutmus said Thursday that he also expects a hearing to be scheduled on a sealed motion in the case.

The 39-year-old Fazzino faces a first-degree murder charge in the January 2012 death of his wife, 32-year-old Emily Fazzino. He was freed from jail in April after posting a $500,000 bond.

Court records show Fazzino was originally scheduled to go to trial on Sept. 17.

___

Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com

blog comments powered by Disqus