Money approved for ditch repairs


[lin_video src=×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1379648973&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9620&show_title=1&va_id=4363792&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1379648973 type=script]

ALBERT LEA, Minn. — Summer storms are still causing headaches for local governments.

Freeborn County Commissioners have approved more than 200,000 dollars to repair ditches that were damaged.

FEMA is reimbursing 75 percent of approved damages and the state will pay the remaining 25 percent.

The repairs will fix county ditch 70 near Manchester and county ditch 80 near Alden.
“We always have to repair our ditches,” County Administrator John Kluever said. “Any given year you are going to spend money on them, but it’s all elevated this year. So Tuesday, yet again, 200,000 or so was approved for repair on Tuesday and all told were at about three-quarters of a million dollars or so.>

Freeborn County is one of 18 counties approved to receive state and federal aid for damage from those storms.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s