Athletic club evacuated after chemical mix-up

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The St. Paul Athletic Club has been evacuated because of a chemical hazard.

Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard says a custodian mixed sulfuric acid with chlorine on the seventh floor of the building, creating a gas that made him sick Tuesday. There are no reports of any other people becoming ill.

A hazardous materials crew was called to handle the chemicals.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s