Iowa man hurt on the job thanks first responders

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — A Cedar Rapids man who was electrically shocked in August has thanked the first responders who saved his life.

Paul Phillips met face-to-face with rescuers Monday at the new Central Fire Station in Cedar Rapids. City firefighters, police, paramedics and co-workers were present.

Phillips, a public works employee, was adjusting televising equipment on Aug. 13 when he was electrically shocked and pronounced clinically dead. The first responders helped keep him alive.

Cedar Rapids television station KCRG reports (http://bit.ly/16gOMLI ) the first responders involved received certificates for their work.

___

Information from: KCRG-TV, http://www.kcrg.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s