ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — The Diocese of St. Cloud has joined other Catholic dioceses around Minnesota in releasing lists of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
The St. Cloud diocese released a list of 33 names Friday. Twenty-one people on the list are dead.
On Thursday, a man who says he was sexually abused by a priest in the mid-1960s held a news conference with his attorneys to demand the list’s release.
But a diocese spokeswoman tells the St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/JOV10B ) the diocese already had been working on the list.
The list has seven more names on it than the man and his attorneys demanded.
One of the man’s attorneys, Jeff Anderson, calls the list’s release “a very good first step” but says, “there is still a lot to be disclosed.”
Information from: St. Cloud Times, http://www.sctimes.com