Carbon monoxide forces 10 from apartment building

COLUMBIA HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) — A carbon monoxide leak forced 10 people out of an apartment building in northeast Minneapolis.

Firefighters were called to the mixed commercial and residential building around 7:45 p.m. Saturday on reports of residents experiencing headaches and feeling nauseous, which can be symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Crews identified a malfunctioning heating system as the potential culprit.

Authorities brought in Metro Transit buses to shelter the residents as well as medical personnel and utility crews before taking the residents to get checked out at Hennepin County Medical Center.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s