KIMT TV, a CBS affiliate located between Minneapolis, MN and Des Moines, IA, is seeking a Digital Content Creator. If you are looking for an opportunity to break into the digital world of broadcast journalism, this position may be for you. We are looking for someone passionate about journalism, web design, social media and mobile web that can help manage our daily digital tactical operations and key digital projects.
The Digital Content Creator is responsible for assisting in the development and executing the vision for KIMT’s digital properties. This position must be able to produce and implement a flow of creative solutions for daily operations, including training, tools, efficiencies and processes, as well as be the station’s digital brand assistant.
Candidates should also be a strong communicator who is adept in the technical demands of digital storytelling and understand how content management systems work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in website architecture using HTML and CSS, with experience in user experience design, scripting and development, as well as digital marketing. A college degree is preferred.
• Optimize and manage content for digital properties
• Provide regular reporting for website and online marketing initiatives
• Hands-on optimization, including keyword/phrase research, site structure, page construction,
content, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
• Keep up with industry trends and opportunities
• Manage content management system
• Be on call to cover major events 24 hours a day
• Ensure quality content: Edit video and images, Proofread reporter/anchor stories, Write
engaging headlines, abstracts and body copy
• Work in tandem with digital manager, newsroom personnel and news managers, promotions and sales
departments in digital education
• Participate in news meetings to facilitate digital content
• Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
JQuery, PHP, ASP.net and Photoshop experience preferred
• Knowledge of Digital, Internet-related technologies and current trends, including social media
• Web design and web development
• Experience with web and application servers and PHP-based content management systems preferred
• College degree and/or experience in electronic communications, journalism or webmaster duties
• Experienced with web-publishing tools and versed with competitive sites and systems
• Strong editorial judgment
• Strong writing skills, including intimate familiarity with AP style
• Strong communication/people skills
• Be passionate about accuracy in news coverage
• Thrive under high-pressure situations like breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Always ask “How can I tell this story better?” and “How can we use the tools at our disposal to
extend the narrative?”
• Always be on the lookout for the next innovation or learning opportunity
• Be a gadget geek (we publish across more than just the web)
Please send cover letter and resume to: KIMT-TV, Attn: Business Administrator, PO Box 620, Mason City, IA 50402 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background screening. Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. KIMT-TV is an EOE.