Early morning fire in Mason City

KIMT WEB News

UPDATE: MCFD tells KIMT the fire started from a wood-burning stove with a chimney located on the east side of the home.

MASON CITY, Iowa – Two people were evacuated from their home after an early morning fire in Mason City. It happened on the 800 block of 9th Street Southeast.

Crews responded to the call just after 1:00 am Thursday. According to crews on the scene, it started on the east side of the house. The two residents were sleeping when the fire started. Luckily, their neighbors saw the fire and called 911.

Firefighters tell KIMT the fire appears to have started in the chimney. We’ll have more information as it is made available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s