Long-term care consultants

Freeborn County Public Health

ALBERT LEA, Minn. — It is a tough situation to be in trying to determine if your loved one to be able to stay in their home or needs to live in an assisted living center.

Those with Freeborn County Public Health have a program that helps you in this process.

A nurse sits down with your family and gathers information on health and mental status, social needs and more.

It is something they can do for people on all income levels.

“It also is a cost saving thing too because going to a nursing facility is very, very expensive or even assisted living, so we like to help them stay in their homes as long as possible so it can also help them save money,” said Freeborn County Public Health Director Sue Yost.

It is something she said they are glad to be a part of.

“We really like to help people stay in their homes as long as possible. It’s really important to help them stay in their homes as long as possible so that they can feel more independent and have happier lives,” Yost said.

For more information on this free program and how you can take part, call Freeborn County Public Health at 507-377-5100 or call the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433.

blog comments powered by Disqus