Here’s the recipe featured on KIMT News 3 First at Four, courtesy of Registered Dietitian Megan Conlon of Hy-Vee West in Mason City.
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts serves 4
All you need:
- 12-14 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Optional: fresh orange juice, minced fresh ginger
All you do:
- Slice each Brussels sprout very thinly until you have a mound of feathery Brussels sprout ribbons.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and continue sautéing for another 4-5 minutes, until bright green and tender.
- Add sea salt and brown sugar and toss together. Finish by adding toasted nuts. Optional: squeeze a few tablespoons of fresh orange juice over dish or add some minced fresh ginger for some extra heat.