House fire in Northwood

HOUSE FIRE IN NORTHWOOD

NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A fire that broke out in one rural area of town is leaving a house as a total loss.

Northwood Fire Department was dispatched out to a home on 485th street in rural Northwood Thursday night.

The fire started due to a plastic bowl catching fire from a stove top and getting out of hand.

One man was in the home when the fire broke out, but escaped.

Northwood Fire Chief, Mitch Hanson, says time is of the essence when it comes to fighting these flames.

“When we got here; this is 11 miles for us to this residence from the fire station.  Upon our arrival it’s pretty much the back half of the house was fully engulfed already,” said Hanson.

Crews from Kensett and Grafton also responded to the scene.

No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s