Vehicle on fire

CLEAR LAKE VAN FIRE

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A vehicle catches fire and crews are called to the parking lot of a fast food restaurant to put out the flames.

It happened in Clear Lake at the Culvers restaurant. The Clear Lake Fire Department responded to the scene. By the time they arrived, the van was fully engulfed.

Fire Chief Doug Meyer says folks rushed outside to move their cars away from the burning vehicle, and it’s a good thing they did.

“When we first arrived, all the other vehicles in the parking lot had been moved away from it, fire was blowing out both the front windows and the windshield as well,” said Meyer.

Chief Meyer says they had the fire out in less than 20 minutes.

They believe the fire started because of some electrical problems.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s