Fire at Clear Lake restaurant

Anchor Inn Fire

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to a report of a fire in the kitchen area of the Anchor Inn on Thursday afternoon. The restaurant was evacuated.  Fire crews found a small fire in the attic. They tell us it was because of an electrical malfunction from an overheated circuit.  Firefighters were able to put it out quickly. No one was injured, but there was damage of approximately $20,000. We’re told the Anchor Inn will be closed until a quick repair is made.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s