· 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
· ½ cup roasted red peppers
· 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
· 1/3 cup Tahini
1. With an electric blender or food processor, puree ½ of the beans and the remaining ingredients until smooth. Scrape the sides and add the additional beans. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
3. Serve with cut up veggies and whole-wheat crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Kids Cooking Saturday, June 21th: 2-3:30 p.m.
THEME: Foods from Around the World
This fun, hands-on class will be taught by Hy-Vee West Dietitian, Megan Conlon in the room located in the back of the Hy-Vee West Wine and Spirits. Class is ideal for children 6-10 years old. Please register at Hy-Vee West Customer Service by Thursday, June 19th. Cost: $10.