ROCHESTER, Minn.- A Thursday afternoon call of a gas leak sent authorities into action, and they were on scene for four hours.
The Rochester Fire Department says they were called to 1618 Marion Rd SE, which is a trailer park, on a report of a gas leak. Once authorities arrived, they found construction works struck a three inch main gas line. Thankfully nobody was hurt but residents were evacuated until the all safe was given. “This took longer because there were three lines feeding into one area that they had to terminate those lines so they could repair it. Also, the difficultly of locating the lines in this specific area because it was an older area,” Assistant Fire Marshal Larry Mueller said.
Mueller says when gas travels underground it loses the rotten egg smell so firefighters will check areas for possible leaks.