Fire cause identified in north Iowa

KIMT WEB News

MASON CITY, Iowa – A short circuit is being blamed for a Mason City house fire.

On July 19th, emergency responders were called to 417 2nd Street NW for a fire in the attic of a two-story home.  Firefighters remained on the scene for a little over 4 hours getting the blaze under control.

The Mason City Fire Department now says a short circuit from defective and worn insulation caused electrical arcing which ignited fabric in the attic crawl space.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s