Spark leads to barn fire in north Iowa

fire on lancer in osage

FLOYD, Iowa –  Firefighters from two north Iowa departments responded to a barn fire on Tuesday.  Crews from Floyd and Osage went to the scene at 1105 Lancer Avenue in Floyd around noon.  They found a cattle storage barn on fire.  Firefighters say some welding was being done on cattle gates inside the barn.  A spark ignited several hay bales being stored in the building.  It was destroyed.  No injuries were reported.

blog comments powered by Disqus