Officials respond to Black Friday fire

house-fire

ROCHESTER, Minn. – No one was injured after a dryer fire in Rochester on Friday morning.

Fire officials say they responded to a report of a fire at a house on 45th Street NW at about 2:20 a.m. where they found heavy smoke in the basement coming from a dryer.

A smoke detector woke up a son who lived in the house, who then woke up others to make sure everyone got out safely.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s