Since 1947, the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program has been bringing Christmas morning to children in need. Every new and unwrapped toy you give stays right in your community to help those less fortunate.
KIMT and our Giving Your Best partners Diamond Jo Casino and First Citizens Bank are teaming up with the North Iowa Marine Corps League and the Salvation Army for the 2016 Toys for Tots toy drive.
The ultimate success depends on the support of the local community and generosity of the people in North Central Iowa who donate toys. Businesses, schools and organizations are drop box locations and would welcome donations of new, unwrapped toys. Donations will be accepted through Dec. 21.
Counties involved: Butler, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Winnebago, Worth and Wright.
Sign-up and distribution is at the Salvation Army in Mason City. Howard and Mitchell counties are also included in the toy drive but will have their own sign-up and distribution locations.
- Monday, Nov. 14 – Sign-up at the Salvation Army from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 – Sign up at the Salvation Army from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 – Sign up at the Salvation Army from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 19 – Collecting toys at the Cannonball in East Park from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 26 — Fill-a-truck with Mike Molstead Motors at Theisens parking lot from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 27 — Toy drive and Santa Claus event at the Holiday Home and Craft Expo — North Iowa Events Center (4-H building)
- Friday, Dec. 2 — Charles City Parade of Lights at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 3 — Collecting toys at Walmart from 10 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, Dec. 10 – Collecting toys at Shopko from 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Dec. 22 – Families shop for toys at the Salvation Army from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 23 – Make-up day for families to sign up and shop at the Salvation Army starting at 9 a.m.
**Charles City Santa House every weekend from Dec. 3 to Dec. 18
GALLERY: Toys for Tots